Olympic Park Fun for Sports Lovers, Kids and Teens
Discover the Legacy of 2012 with our Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park Tour, a fantastic new area of London which continues to develop post Olympics. This park which was developed in time for the 2012 Olympics has continued to flourish as a place for Londoners and tourists alike, to live, work, play and visit time and time again. This tour will appeal to all the family, kids and teens alike.
- A walk through this delightful park to see the planting schemes designed by internationally renowned landscape architects.
- A chance to see the Olympic Stadium, which is used as an Athletics Stadium, a concert venue and is now the home of West Ham United Football Club (we can organise a tour of the stadium with enough notice).
- The Lee Valley velo park with its outdoor cycling track, BMX tracks, mountain bike trails and iconic Velodrome which is both open to the public but continues to be used as a world-class competition venue.
- A look inside the London Aquatics Centre where so many medals were won and is open to the public as well as the Copper Box which is used as a multisports arena.
- A look at the Orbit, the UK's tallest sculpture (Anish Kapoor) and the option to slide down the longest slide tunnel in the world (bookable in advance),
- A boat trip through the park
- On a sunny day, kids of all ages (and in some cases adults) will delight in running through the fountains outside the Stadium and attempting to avoid the maze of computer controlled jets of water.
- Shopping in Westfield Centre, one of the largest shopping malls in Europe.
- On the North side of the park, just outside the Velodrome, is a fantastic children's playground called Tumbling Bay almost camouflaged amongst the park's beautiful greenery. On the South side of the Park, is a climbing wall and more things for kids to experience.